DEHTLET is an ecological sanitation system which means that no harmful effluent re-enters the environment, more specifically the water resource, from the sanitation unit. It is an aerobic digestive system which treats and stabilizes human waste through a dehydration process over a lengthy period by ventilation. The treated waste returns to field as fertilizers. It is not a flushed, chemical or biological toilet. It is also not a composting toilet.
For conservative areas, our system helps to:
- reduce the health risks related to sanitation, contaminated water and waste,
- prevent the pollution of surface and groundwater,
- prevent the degradation of soil fertility and
- optimise the management of nutrients and water resources.
Our system is not just a low-cost solution for developing countries but also an appropriate solution for different specific situation, such as construction sites.
For construction sites, our product:
- reduces the health risks related to sanitation, contaminated water and waste,
- improves the hygienic condition and toilet accessibility,
- reduces huge amount of water consumption,
- can be installed and placed at any locations since sewage system is not necessary.